Assalam Foundation is an association of like-minded Muslim professionals from various fields and areas of interest, with the common intent of serving Islam and Muslims, and humanity at large, as the common binding factor.
Alhamdulillah, Assalam Foundation has among its ranks doctors of various specializations, engineers of multiple disciplines, professors and teachers, and so forth, all working in one capacity or another to fulfill the aims of the organization. Assalam Foundation has many lofty goals to achieve, and it is looking to have as much involvement by various Muslims as possible to carry this noble task forward, insha Allah.
Assalam Foundation’s Vision
“Assalam Foundation aims to be the premier Islamic organization within India as well as the rest of the world, that is involved in all kinds of religious, charitable and social activities, and aims to garner within Muslims – both on a community and individual levels – a strong sense of their Islamic identity and also to help the Muslim community improve its status, religious as well as economical, with greater knowledge of Islam and connection to the Creator. It also aims to reach out to non-Muslim communities within India to help them understand the pure message of Islam as practiced by the earliest generations of Islam.”
Activities of Assalam
Assalam is now involved in the following programs.
- Al-Huda’s Course for Ladies: Allah created an opportunity for Assalam to work in His Cause of spreading the Qur’an among Muslim ladies. Al Huda Institute is a non-profit, non-sectarian, non-political organization currently working to promote authentic Islamic knowledge. The founder of AlHuda Institute is Dr. Farhat Hashmi, a well known Islamic Scholar. Today, Assalam Foundation conducts AlHuda’s courses under the remote supervision of AlHuda Staff.
- Health Programs: Assalam initiated several charitable programs that include health checkups for the poor, and so on. Insha Allah, Assalam intends to take these programs to the next level once it has a solid foundation to use as a springboard.
- Programs for the Youth: Assalam realizes that the future of Islam is held by its youth. As such it has various programs to train the Muslim youth by helping them understand Islam better and also instilling in them a spirit of volunteerism by working in its religious and social causes. Assalam has the young daees program which is a platform for college-going youngsters to take the initiative and understand any one aspect of Islam, and then conduct research and prepare and deliver a talk on it. Likewise, there are also programs like Buruj, which is aimed at younger children to help them understand the basics of Islam in a more gripping way than is traditionally taught.
- Free Education Programs: Assalam conducts free programs for deserving students, both Muslim and non-Muslim, who come an unprivileged socio-economic background, by giving them free education in English-speaking and computers as well as various career enhancement courses to help them in their making their livelihood.
- Citizens Awareness Programs: Assalam Foundation has initiated programs to make the citizens of India aware of their rights. There are many welfare programs in India today, initiated by the Government for the welfare of the minority community that unfortunately go unutilized by those who deserve their benefits, owing to lack of knowledge about them. Assalam Foundation aims to make this knowledge known to enable the Muslims take full advantage of them.
- Experience Speaks Program: Our senior citizens have a wealth of unused knowledge gained through hard experience with them, and Assalam Foundation is working hard at ensuring that this knowledge does not go wasted. Experience Speaks is a program that gives a platform to the senior citizens among the Muslims to propagate their experience to the younger lot, thereby letting them benefit from it.